10 Habits of Highly Successful People
Have you ever wondered how successful people became successful? Is there a magic formula that anyone can follow? Are certain attributes, personalities, or habits unique to highly successful people?I recently had a conversation with a colleague about career development and success. That conversation inspired me to think about what are the driving forces behind the highly successful people. Iconic game-changers like Oprah Winfrey, Bill Gates, Kevin Hart, and Tyler Perry all share a pioneering spirit and an unyielding belief in self, which has driven them all to almost unimaginable heights.
Here are ten things that highly successful people do regularly to stay inspired, ahead of the curve, and you too can use as your personal success recipe.
- Be yourself. Uniqueness is what will set you apart.
- Compromise without compromising. Be flexible without risking your principles.
- Be willing to lose to win. There are often valuable lessons in defeats.
- There is no “I” in team. Team building is a "we" approach.
- Feed your team first. Show your team how much you value and appreciate them.
- Invest in yourself. If you are not willing to invest in yourself, why would someone invest in you?
- Build slowly, last longer. A methodical and deliberate approach will prepare you for sustained success.
- Stretch yourself beyond your comfort zone. To be extraordinary requires constant growth and challenge.
- Let perspiration fuel your aspirations. Your dreams will require hard work, sacrifice, and focus.
- Help others to realize their dreams. Teamwork makes all dreams work.
Rodney Carter, director of content
Rodney is a published singer/songwriter/producer with a keen attention to detail, and an efficient and tireless work ethic. When not working on Nicole’s Lifestyle Lounge editorial strategy, Rodney can be found over at Rodney Carter Music where he works with advertising agencies, producers, emerging and established artists.