Tips to Save Money on Your Wedding Cake
A wedding without a cake is just plain wrong, however not every budget can handle a show stopping wedding cake. As a wedding planner I know every budget has it limits, and so I am sharing my top tips to save big on your wedding cake. I like to tell my clients that they can have their cake and eat it too. If there is a will, there is a way.
Your wedding is one of the most important days of your life, so why leave it to chance? Let a trained professional help make your wedding dreams come true – on time and UNDER BUDGET! So whether you just want us to answer your etiquette questions, or manage all the hard work, Nicole Williams Collective Weddings can manage your big day and leave you to spend more time with your family and friends.
- Not every guest will eat cake, and since cakes are priced per slice, you can opt to go for fewer slices less than your guest head count.
- Want a big wedding cake without the cost? Then do what I did... go with a few dummy tiers, your guest won't even know the difference.
- Cake cutting fees can cost anywhere from $4-$8 per person, so save on the cake cutting fees by going with the venue's in-house or preferred baker.
- Try budget-friendly accents like fresh flowers or chocolate covered strawberries.
- Create a mini wedding treat table with mini cakes, cupcakes, pies, and cookies displayed on platters and pedestals.
- Remember more labor goes into fondant cakes, so you may want to consider buttercream frosting.
- Go for a smaller specialty cake display, and cut a sheet cake to share for the guests.
If you would like us to answer to be your planner in your pocket CONTACT US and ask about our on-call consulting services.