Easy Homemade Pasta Shrimp Marinara Recipe
As most of you already know I am Jamaican, and though we have some delectable dishes I sometimes need a little something else. My biggest problem is that my stomach cannot tolerate certain things, not to mention I have an egg allergy. So when I am ready for something other than some good old Island cuisine, I frequently opt for Italian pasta recipes. One of my favorites - the pasta shrimp marinara recipe. Homemade pasta shrimp marinara is easier than you might think. It is a great way to get your Italian fix, especially for people like me who have an egg allergy and can’t do some of the other sauces. If you are allergic to seafood, just skip the shrimp.
Pasta Shrimp Marinara Recipe
This savory homemade pasta shrimp marinara recipe serves 4.
What you will need
- 1 lb fettuccine, spaghetti or other long thin pasta
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and lightly crushed
- 1 pounds large shrimp (about 30), peeled and deveined
- ¾ cup red wine (optional)
- ½ minced white onion
- 2 tablespoon sugar
- Marinara sauce
- 4 fresh chopped basil leaves
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
How to make it
- In a small skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat until hot.
- Place shrimp, garlic and some minced onion in the pan to saute. Stir frequently until golden and sizzling before removing.
- Pour the marinara sauce into the empty skillet, and bring to a lively simmer, stirring to scrape the bottom of the pan.
- Meanwhile, fill a large pot with water and cook the pasta according to package directions, then drain and set aside.
- Stir in the shrimp, basil, parsley, the rest of onion, salt for taste, and left to simmer on low for 10 minutes.
- Serve immediately immediately over pasta, and enjoy.