Aspire-Canada Giving Young Women the Tools to Aspire
While the number of women in Fortune 500 c-suites and boardrooms may still be elusive, the number of women entrepreneurs striking out on their own, to launch kick-ass startups is still growing. I am a firm believer that one should love their job to be successful at it. Whether you're aiming for the c-suites, changing your career path or still discovering your passion, breakthrough sites for women are offering exciting job opportunities, expert advice, insights into different career paths, and what it is like to work at various companies. Aspire-Canada is one of those emerging female-centric lifestyle platforms, so when I was asked to join their list of distinguished mentors I jumped at the chance. Representing Canada, Aspire-Canada addresses the social, cultural, and economic challenges that students and professional women face when seeking employment and starting businesses. Each academic year, Aspire-Canada offers scholarships of $1,000 or more to outstanding students. Only returning students need to submit the scholarship application, as all incoming students are automatically considered for scholarships based on their completed admissions application. The preferred deadline for returning students will be extended from May 31 to July 31, 2015. Applications received after the preferred deadline are considered, if funds are available.
How to Apply for an Aspire-Canada Scholarship
It is pretty simple to apply for a scholarship, just follow the instructions below:
- Complete the Scholarship Application.
- Log on to aspire-canada.com and create a profile. Site participation is a factor in scholarship awards.
- All applicants are encouraged to also create a fundraising campaign on aspire-canada.com for education costs.
- Complete your professional profile on community.aspire-canada.com (mandatory for all scholarship applicants).
- All students are required to submit a scholarship essay in order to be eligible.
Please note, essays should be 800 words or more, and on one of the following topics: careers, entrepreneurship, health & fitness, and fashion & beauty. The deadline to submit essay is May 31, 2015; with the best essays featured on the Aspire-Canada website.
Site participation is a factor and they make it easy to get involved. Here are a few ways:
- Log in with your profile and post useful comments on articles.
- Like and engage the Aspire-Canada Facebook page by commenting and sharing with your friends.
- Become an Ambassador.
- Or become an Aspire-Writer.