How to Make Your Brand Shine on Social Media

make-your-brand-shine-on-social-media.jpg

I've heard a few professionals and business owners say they are not on social media because it's not for them, or that they can't be bothered. But social media is not just a way to spend your daily life anymore. The social media networking craze has become a must in marketing, as its reach is not limited to your budget. Social media is a great way to amplify your brand's message and increase visibility. But how do you stand out and compete with all the social noise in the news feed, and draw all that eye-traffic? Good question! The answer... Add more YOU  to your content by marrying who you are with what you do to communicate your brand essence. That is, gain relatability and trust by blending your professionalism with your naturally authentic personality.

How to make your brand shine on social media. #socialmediatips #bloggintips #socialmedia #branding #personalbranding

5 tips to make your brand shine on social media

  1. Pick three or four platforms that are right for your brand and that will bring you the greatest rewards.
  2. Remember your visual branding strategy needs to be consistent and cohesive to preserve your credibility and authority.
  3. Use hashtags that relates to what you do, to help index and categorize your content.
  4. Give value and remember to always apply the 80/20 rule: 20 percent of your content should be persuasive call-to-action, and the other 80 percent interesting and shareable.
  5. Bring something new to the conversation and engage with thoughtful and in-depth comments.

Setting up your social media accounts and just posting is not enough. Your social media strategy needs to be intentionally enticing, so as to lure the eye-traffic you seek in order to meet your goals.

image found here. Design by ME (Nicole Williams)