Simon LookBook Live at Roosevelt Field Mall + Fall Trend Report
Last Friday I had the pleasure of attending a Simon Lookbook Live VIP preview for media, local insiders and VIP guests, co-hosted by GQ's Brett and Glamour's Kirsten held at Roosevelt Field Mall. Simon Lookbook Live is an interactive trend showcase from the style pros at GQ and Glamour, offering insider's scoop on all the hottest looks of this season - along with style tips on how to wear them. Simon Lookbook Live preview kicked off with a cocktail reception where guests and sponsors enjoyed delicious catering from the Capital Grille, followed by a runway fashion show. Speaking of sponsors! The event was sponsored by Winthrop University Hospital Breast Health Center, who took the time to highlight six beautiful women who are breast cancer survivors. The ladies rocked the runway accessorized in jewelry I wish I could afford from Devotions Diamond. Even though I appreciated the diamonds, I appreciated these super-cancer survivor even more.
They showed us how to wear the trends of the season and make them work effortlessly for both play and the boardroom, as seen through the eyes of the opposite sex.
Simon Lookbook Live Trend Report
- The Pencil Skirt (her) - try them in different fabrics, and wear with a menswear inspired top to balance the look.
- Denim & Chinos (his) - balance out the casual look below the belt by pairing with a classic pinstripe or fitted suede blazer.
- Embellished (her) - for a modern take on the classic knits, add some embellishment or pair with some great accessories. Or just go glam in a sparkle dress, pair with a moto jacket for a more casual look.
- Slim Fit (his) - the modern slim fit look is now super flexible, so experiment a bit by mixing patterns.
- Retro (her) - pair mod mini with contemporary ankle boots for a retro look that is chic an very new millennium.
- Blazer (his) - ditch the company man look for a new office look by adding a zip-up style or classic blazer.
The stylish, fun and live programming continued on Saturday with an event for the general public, with a Glamour and GQ style expert-led panel discussion, style challenges, He Said/She said Presentations and the #FoundAtSimon Challenge.
While you can find all the looks shown above exclusively at Bloomingdales, you can find all the hottest fall trends available at a Simon Mall near you.