Makeup: Spring Smokey Eye Look
Today I'm featuring a makeup makeover I did on over the weekend for Sandy who was attending a masquerade party. Sandy messaged me on Facebook after seeing one of my makeovers. Her goal was to achieve a look that enhanced her features and was perfect for the occasion yet looked natural. The look was a "Spring inspired smokey eye" using Vera Moore Cosmetics, Clinique and BH Cosmetics palette. Sandy is not a makeup wearer and so she was a bit nervous about her session; that was until she saw the finished product. This look is completely wearable, making it perfect for a night on the town or for some daytime drama.
Get this spring smokey eye look
- First I prepped the skin using a clarifying lotion, then applied a primer.
- I then used a concealor to cover blemishes, before applying foundation to balance skin tone.
- Fill in the eye brows using a brow brush and a dark brown eye shadow.
- Apply a semi-matte soft shadow all over the lid and to highlight the brow bone.
- Then apply a matte charcoal shade to the outer "V" of the eye and blend towards the end of the brow.
- To the inner part of the lid, apply green shadow (be sure to tap the excess powder off the brush) and blend towards the outer V.
- Line and darken the upper lash line using a black eye pencil, then blend green eye shadow to the lower lash line
- Apply a touch of blush to the cheeks, then brush a bit of powder over the face (especially in the T-zone area).
- I used contour color around the edges of her face to highlight her beautiful complexion.
- Apply one coat of waterproof mascara.
- To balance the look, I lined her lips with a taupe pencil and finished with shimmery nude lipstick.
The finished look, a transitional spring day-to-night smokey eye look.