Tips To Help Cut Your Wedding Budget
The hardest question to ask couples is, "how much you intend to spend on your wedding?" Most of them have no idea what wedding costs are - often they have beer budget with champagne expectations. A wedding budget must not be taken lightly as it is the trickiest part of planning the wedding. Unexpected cost can severely balloon a wedding budget, and so as a communications and wedding professional, part of my job is to help keep my clients within their wedding budget. Today I'm sharing a few my tips and tricks that will make your wedding unforgettable without going broke.
Tips I Covered:
- Weekday weddings are less expensive than weekends; but if the weekend is your preference, opt for Fridays and Sundays over Saturdays.
- Marry during the period of November through April (off peak months) when rates are lower to attract business.
- Hire a wedding planner. Yes, the cost of hiring a planner will be far less than what you would save using their experience and working relationships.
- Have your planner review your contracts for hidden fees and costs that you can do without.
- One way to save on food and catering is to opt to do brunch, lunch or a cocktail party with heavy appetizers or hors d'oeuvres.
- Save on printing and stationery by sharing wedding details online.
- The guest list can greatly impact your budget, so don't feel pressured into inviting people you don't really know and cut children to keep head count down.
- Splurge on the areas of the wedding that is most important to you and skimp on the not so important stuff.
- Choose not to give an entree choice, and instead of a full bar opt for a signature cocktail drinks and wine.
- Having the ceremony and the reception in same location will help to offset transportation costs.
- Purchase your wedding dress off the rack and get designer dresses for a fraction of the cost. Be sure to check for rips and stains.
- When it comes to fresh flowers, go with what's in season.
- Want a huge cake without the price tag? Then opt for a couple of dummy tiers.
- Get on email lists for your favorite bridal retailers, to get exclusive deals and discounts.
Credit: Music & Editing by Rodney Carter
Did you enjoy the podcast?
Let us know, plus tell us one way to help reduce a wedding budget!